Monday 12 September 2011

Vidrhythm - Harmonix conquers iOS

This weekend I should be blasting my way around the Lylat system in Star Fox 64 3D or trying to find Tong in China in the slowest playthrough of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Instead I have found myself immersed in Harmonix's latest creation, Vidrhythm.

Vidrhythm is avaliable for iPhone 4, 3GS and iPad 1 + 2. It allows you to make music videos to 20 songs included with the package. No licensed tracks here, its not another Rock Band. Following the simple instructions, you take video samples of various noises and then set them to a video theme template. The results are great, look at my first attempt over breakfast.



After that  first play, I got the Two Little Gamers involved and we spent most of the morning pulling faces and making strange sounds in to the iPad's camera (for the purposes of art!). The results are not always great and when it goes wrong it is a train wreck. Most of the time, if you have the right instruments (children), the videos created are hugely entertaining.

With options to save to Youtube and Facebook built in, I can see a flood of Vidrhythm videos hitting the web. For £1.49, Harmonix do it again and find another way of bringing creating music into my life. To sign off here is the Two Little Gamers Beat Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment