Thursday 21 July 2011

Today is a very special day...

Four years ago today, I got married to the most incredible woman in the world and mother to my Two little gamers.
These four years have been a up and down ride and I just want to take the time to celebrate her and what she means to me.
First of all, its not easy being married to a geek. We do have a tendency to get excited over somethings that no-one else in the world would. Thank you to my wife for sitting through all the incredibly dull video game claptrap that I have tormented her with. Highlights of this include an in depth explanation of how LA Noire's Facial capture works and how it could revolutionize gaming and film. Or the time I regaled the whole family at dinner one night about how awesome the morality choices in the Mass Effect universe were.

She has endured the rants as well, 15-20 minute diatribes into the ethics of Bobby Kotick and the Activision corporate machine. Which meant that I would not purchase COD:Blops and support the evil corporate machine... she took this as, I will buy it for you as a present and she was right! I was able to game and keep my principles.

My wife is an incredible person who amazes me constantly as flips between being a mother of two, blogger, student, teacher and anything else that needs doing. Most of all, I am amazed that she puts up with a dork like me, who is really still a big kid at heart.

Also... sorry for trying to get the girls to like Star Wars through a system of controlled brainwashing experiments.

Thank you for everything, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment